Cherry - day 1 | Walnut - day 3 | Apricot - week 1 | Egg - 1 month
(This gives you an idea of the volume of an infant's stomach.)
As a postpartum doula my main goal is to help “mother the mother” and tend to her unique needs while nurturing the entire family as they transition into life with a newborn. I work with each family individually to find out their particular goals and customize their postpartum experience.
Doula and Breastfeeding Support Includes (but is not limited to):
- To book in advance or for immediate support contact me here; many clients book before their baby arrives while others who need sudden postpartum care call me on a moment's notice.
- 24 hour on-call child-care for older siblings and your home when you go into labor.
- Day or overnight shifts.
- I can accompany you while you make the transition from the hospital to your home and stay with you during those first few days and nights.
- Face-time and Skype consultations available.
- Loving, nonjudgmental care and guidance for early parenting.
- Peace of mind knowing that your baby will be well cared for.
- Answers to your questions about your baby, infant soothing techniques, breastfeeding, pumping and mama care.
- Unlimited support for any questions that arise during baby’s first weeks.
Challenges We Can Resolve Together:
- First few days of breastfeeding and help with painful breasts, sore nipples and building milk supply.
- Using a breast pump and milk storage.
- Calm peaceful baby care allowing new parents time to sleep, rest and recover.
- Light housework and baby related errands.
- Making sure that the new mother is getting the adequate nutrition she needs for her and her baby.
- “How to’s” on “baby’s firsts” as well as soothing techniques and coping strategies.
With Support, Clients:
- Experience connection, not isolation.
- Enjoy their bonding time with their baby & partner (if present).
- Feel deeply understood and nurtured.
- Are empowered to follow their innate intuition to make the decisions and parenting choices that are right for their family.
- Have support with breastfeeding, bottle-feeding and guidance from a newborn specialist.
- Gain clarity about normal infant behavior and sleep patterns and what they can do to help meet their baby’s sleep needs as well as their own.
- Have a reduced incidence of the "baby blues" and postpartum depression.
Postpartum Doula Rates:
My rate is $30-40 per hour based on the number of children. I believe every family deserves support and will work with each family individually so these important services are affordable. Proper postpartum care is not a luxury, it's a necessity.